The Old Library was established in 1892 as a suburban residence of the chocolate producer Oswald Püschel. Originally, it was a villa with a beautiful garden, including a representative part next to the building, as well as a fruit garden.
In the 1930s, the property became the ownership of the Evangelical Church. It served as the headquarters for the deaconess order of Bethany, and at that time, there were also school rooms alongside the residential area. Before the war, a music school, church archives, and a lending library were also operating there.
After the war, it was converted into a library for the Medical University. It is precisely this function that is most associated with this building in Wrocław. Many students spent hours here studying for exams in the main reading room, which is now used for meetings and conferences. The building evokes a lot of positive emotions, and many doctors and pharmacists return here to reminisce about their youth. In tribute to the role this building played for many years, we named it the Old Library.
Currently, in this over a century-old beautiful villa, a small guesthouse with fifteen rooms has been planned, combining commercial and social aspects by fulfilling tasks and providing educational and scientific services. It will serve as a place for practical training for students from the vocational school for youth with disabilities run by the Evangelicals.
The property features 15 rooms, all designed in a peaceful shade of bottle green. Guests of the Library have access to convenient parking spaces. In the restaurant, we host family gatherings, weddings, conferences, and banquets. The restaurant is open every day except for Mondays.
You are warmly welcome!